echo echo's Note:
Adapted from a free recipe from my local market. If you want, substitute raw for boiled shrimp; peel and devein it and add it with the scallops. You can substitute frozen snow peas, thawed, for the fresh ones and 3 cups canned or homemade vegetable broth for the vegetable bouillon. Alter the amount of garlic to suit your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger or 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1/2 lb raw sea scallops, sliced in half
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb boiled medium shrimp
- 4 slices limes (optional, for garnish)
- 1In large pot, heat 3 cups water and dissolve vegetable bouillon granules.
- 2Whisk in clam juice through ginger; bring to a boil.
- 3Add mushrooms, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Add snow peas and scallops; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes more.
- 5Stir in coconut milk through red pepper; cook 3 minutes more.
- 6Add boiled shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes more just until heated through.
- 7Divide between 4 soup bowls; if desired, garnish each with a slice of lime.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 1004.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon granules
light coconut milk