Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
genuine new england seafood chowder with a taste of grandma's special love!
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cans baby clams, with juice
- 1 can shrimp, with juice
- 1 can crab, with juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 quarts half-and-half or 2 quarts for a lighter chowder skim milk or 2 quarts 2% low-fat milk
- Saute veggies in butter til soft.
- Turn heat to low and add flour, stir until absorbed.
- Add seafood with juices, and half and half, and bring up to serving temperature or until it thickens.
- Do not let it boil.
- Just below boiling point,it should be thickened, add lemon pepper just before service with a stir.
- Garnish each bowl with fresh chopped parsley, and serve with plenty of garlic toast or oyster crackers.
So good with fresh seafood !
Everyone at the table gave 5 stars each making it well over 5 stars! This is a wonderfully flavored chowder and one that I will remember to make again, I can assure you!
This chowder has such a wonderful flavor. It has just the right consistency. Would serve this to guest any day. Thanks for posting this recipe.