2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Bev in NY's Note:
True Seafood lover's comfort food! Brings back childhood memories of Bodega Bay and buckets of steaming fresh stew! Serve with crusty french bread, sour dough is the most authentic, and plenty of napkins. Maybe even pass bibs around.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, to taste,crushed to a paste
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsley ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb scallops
- 24 littleneck clams
- 1 1/2 lbs crab legs
- 1 lb unpeeled fresh large shrimp
- 1Heat olive oil in a very large, heavy pot, over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, stirring frequently.
- 3Pour in tomatoes and white wine.
- 4Season with parsley, basil, salt, pepper and the bay leaf.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until liquid is reduced almost completely, about 1 hour.
- 6Add clams, scallops, clams, crab legs and shrimp to the pot.
- 7Cover, and cook over medium heat until clams open.
- 8Scoop portions into large bowls to serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Cioppino
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.5 mg
- Sodium 1540.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 35.2 g