Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
True Seafood lover's comfort food! Brings back childhood memories of Bodega Bay and buckets of steaming fresh stew! Serve with crusty french bread, sour dough is the most authentic, and plenty of napkins. Maybe even pass bibs around.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, to taste,crushed to a paste
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsley ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb scallops
- 24 littleneck clams
- 1 1⁄2 lbs crab legs
- 1 lb unpeeled fresh large shrimp
- Heat olive oil in a very large, heavy pot, over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, stirring frequently.
- Pour in tomatoes and white wine.
- Season with parsley, basil, salt, pepper and the bay leaf.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until liquid is reduced almost completely, about 1 hour.
- Add clams, scallops, clams, crab legs and shrimp to the pot.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat until clams open.
- Scoop portions into large bowls to serve.