Recipe by milliwuu
I had a pack of leftover french fries from a restaurant the other day and didn't want to throw them away because they tasted great. And, I thought why not try to use these potatoes in the seafood chowder I was going to make for dinner that evening without using new potatoes. It was an experiment but the soup turned out to be delicious. Here's what I did.
- 1 cup French fries, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄4 medium onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup seafood (clam, shrimp, mouselle, squid, crab meat, ... using one kind or mixing a few kinds is both okay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion, celery and carrots in water just covering the food for 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, blend the first 6 ingredients till smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Cook the seafood in minimal water.
- •Cooking Time: most seafood will get tough if cooked longer than the time to just cook through, but things like shrimp head can cook for 5 - 10 minutes to release great flavor.
- Put the drained vegetable and the blended mixture into the pot of seafood, stir and bring to a boil. Enjoy!