Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I developed this recipe and it is absolutely DELICIOUS! It is a meal in itself and I usually serve it with a crusty bread. If you have questions e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen mixed seafood
- 2 dozen green mussels (removed from shells)
- 2 dozen pre- cooked shrimp
- 2 dozen jarred oysters
- 3 cups imitation crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) can New England clam chowder
- 1 (16 ounce) canchopped canned clams or 1 (16 ounce) can minced clams
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley (chopped)
- You will find the bag of frozen mixed seafood in the frozen food section of your supermarket and it contains octopus, small mussels, squid, small shrimp, etc.
- In a large pot, add the mixed seafood, green mussels, oysters, imitation crabmeat, salt, pepper, garlic, clam chowder, minced clams with their liquid, butter, sherry and cream.
- Over medium-high heat bring to a near boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and continue to simmer another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in individual bowls.
- Garnish with paprika and chopped parsley.