2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Jimijoe 43's Note:
One cold november night I started looking for a nice warm seafood soup or chowder recipe but I couldn't find the perfect one. I went out and bought some chowder ingredients and spent the next day creating. This is the result. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 lbs bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons mc cormick seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 6 cups water (from the seafood steaming)
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1In a 6 qt multipot steam the shrimp and scallops.
- 2Keep 6 cups of the water and discard the rest.
- 3Chop the seafood in a food processor.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Heat the pot over medium heat.
- 6Saute the onion, celery and garlic in the olive oil.
- 7Add the soup, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, black pepper, celery salt, red pepper flakes seafood seasoning, horseradish and water from steaming.
- 8Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- 9Add seafood.
- 10Mix the heavy whipping cream and the flour.
- 11Add to the chowder.
- 12Simmer until potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (813 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 787.2
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 348.4 mg
- Sodium 1999.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: