Recipe by Alan Leonetti
I developed this recipe & it is absolutely DELICIOUS! It's a meal in itself & I usually serve it with a crusty bread.
Top Review by Manami
Hi Alan Leonetti, we made this chowder and it was wonderful! It was nice and creamy and with just enough seafood(we used real crab and used some shrimp, as well.)We served it with a tomato, mixed greens and avocado salad, with a vinaigrette dressing and bread hot from the oven. Thank you for such a wonderful chowder and a quick recipe to boot, DiScharf :=)
- 1 bag frozen mixed seafood
- 2 dozen green mussels
- 2 dozen pre-cooked shrimp
- 2 jars oysters
- 3 cups imitation crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- ground black pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) cannew england clam chowder
- 1 can chopped clams or 1 can minced clams
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- fresh italian flat leaf parsley (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Youll find the bag of frozen mixed seafood in the frozen food section of your supermarket& it contains octopus, small mussels, squid, small shrimp, etc.
- In a large pot, add the mixed seafood, green mussels, oysters, imitation crabmeat, salt, pepper, garlic, clam chowder, minced clams with their liquid, butter, sherry& cream.
- Over medium-high heat bring to a near boil& then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp& continue to simmer another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat& serve in individual bowls.
- Garnish with paprika& chopped parsley.