Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
thick and creamy chowder using imitation crabmeat,,, though you want to get a good quality.(I fisrt tried it with a can of corn, though hubby didnt like it so much) if you want it thinner add more cream or extra clam juice. this is still a work in progress,,, still tweeking.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, diced
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat, diced
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, with juice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar clam juice
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Old Bay Seasoning, to taste
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- melt butter in large pot, add onions and saute.
- add soups, cream cheese,clams with juice. mix well, bring to simmer.
- add cream and juice bring back to simmer, then add shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, and spices,( crabmeat can go in last,, doesnt need to be cooked as long) . simmer 10-15 minute.