Recipe by Sage
A Friend sent me this tasty recipe and it is....The Best Seafood Chowder!
Top Review by Chef Charlee
We love Seafood Chowder round here and this one aimed to please! The filling had such good taste with each bite that we went back for seconds, and yes, my DD even had thirds! I served it with oyster crackers, as it wouldn't be the same without them, and a nice sour pickle... Made us pucker and smile with each bite! This is a winner with all my family and it will be made again!
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 226.79 g clam juice, bottle
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 453.59 g raw shrimp, chopped
- 453.59 g raw scallops, chopped
- 2 fish fillets, raw chopped
- 170.09 g clams
- 473.18 ml milk
- 236.59 ml cream
- 29.58 ml flour, for thickening
- 2.46 ml Old Bay Seasoning, seasonning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onions, celery and garlic with butter; microwave 10 minutes.
- In large saucepan stir together chopped potatoes, chicken broth, clam juice as well as juice for canned clams, and onion mixture.
- Cook until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add chopped fish and seafood; simmer 8 minutes.
- Combine flour with milk; add this to the choder with the cream.
- Simmer until thickened flavour are combined.
- Add seasonning.
- Taste the Best.
- Serve with a crusty bread.