Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this out of an old cookbook that was fast and easy. I believe I gave it to the goodwill after jotting down the only recipe I made out of it. Guess what!! This is it. This is quick, easy and taste great. Enjoy!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 (8 ounce) canpeeled whole tomatoes, cut up & undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup small shell pasta
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 lb cod, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) minced clams, un drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a heavy 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, saute' onion, celery and garlic in butter for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable juice, tomatoes with juice, water, tomato paste, macaroni, bouillon granules, parsley, basil, thyme and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 4 minutes.
- Add the Shrimp and Cod.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until fish is opaque and macaroni is tender.
- Stir in clams with liquid and lemon juice.
- Heat through.
Quick and easy ~ and DELICIOUS! Made with ingredients on hand, I made as written, EXCEPT with Tilapia, a 10 ounce can of minced baby clams, and a 14 1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes, but did not add the water, or tomato paste! Served with Oh Soooo Good Asiago-Green Onion Cornbread -- Small Iron Skillet ~ Recipe tagged for 123Hits November 2012.
I am not a huge seafood fan, but this is very good.