Recipe by Jordan #2
This is not low fat and it is not cheap but it is great for a special occasion.
Top Review by Paula5
Just excellent with frozen scallops -- and quick, too. I used evaporated skim milk instead of whipping cream, removing much of the fat from the dish and keeping all the good flavor. Just delish! Thanks!!!
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 small onions
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 liter whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon mixed pepper seasoning
- 4 cups mixed frozen shrimp (or more if desired) or 4 cups frozen scallops (or more if desired) or 4 cups frozen crab (or more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop celery and peel and finely chop carrots, onions and potatoes.
- Boil in veg broth and water until tender.
- Melt butter, mix with flour and add paste to vegetables & broth.
- Add whipping cream and pepper seasoning and bring to boil.
- Add shrimp, scallops and crab. Bring to boil to heat seafood. Serve.