Recipe by PaperDreams
Hearty, creamy & decadent (not to mention easy!) -- Even those who don't love seafood, will eat two bowls of this. The lack of potatoes is what distinguishes it from most chowders.
Top Review by Efz001 in the Midwest US
Quite tasty! Definitely keeping this recipe, so that I can make it again. Today was a chilly day (10 degrees Fahrenheit) with a worse windchill and I needed a crock pot recipe that was easy, yet yummy. I did use the cream of shrimp soup and used lobster chunks instead of the white fish fillet. I highly suggest making this recipe!!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb white fish fillet (any mild variety, cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab
- 1 (3 ounce) can clams
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee celery and onions in butter until onions are translucent.
- Pour butter mixture and all other ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cook on High for one to two hours or on Low for three to four hours.
- Note: I prefer to let the fish cook from the beginning The loss of the chunks of fish is more than paid for with the infusion of flavor throughout the chowder. However, if you prefer otherwise, add the fish during the last hour of cooking.