Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a simple, and very tasty chowder.
Make and share this Seafood Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Put first three ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat a little and cook for 20-30 minutes .
- Mash up potatoes and scallops.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the fish and cook for 1/2 hour.
- Break up fish and add to chowder.
- Cook for 1/2 hour.
- May be served immediately or cooled and reheated the next day.
On my first trip to the USA in 1986, I was introduced to Crab Chowder. I loved it. This one is a seafood chowder and I loved the recipe. It is easy to make. I made more than one and substituted other seafoods and still came up with a great taste. Easy to make. Can be made ahead of time and reheated. Wonderful!
A great, easy recipe. I didn't have any crushed tomatoes, so I made the chowder "New England" style instead by adding about 1/2 cup more cream (for a double recipe), some chicken broth, and some celery and carrots for the second part of the cooking process.