Recipe by Unkle Leo
This is a simple, and very tasty chowder.
Top Review by Sandra Hyde
On my first trip to the USA in 1986, I was introduced to Crab Chowder. I loved it. This one is a seafood chowder and I loved the recipe. It is easy to make. I made more than one and substituted other seafoods and still came up with a great taste. Easy to make. Can be made ahead of time and reheated. Wonderful!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1⁄4 lb scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 lb haddock
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first three ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat a little and cook for 20-30 minutes .
- Mash up potatoes and scallops.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the fish and cook for 1/2 hour.
- Break up fish and add to chowder.
- Cook for 1/2 hour.
- May be served immediately or cooled and reheated the next day.