Super easy yet impressive looking salad. Good for company or to have as a meal when it's too hot to cook. Recipe came from the back of a box of croutons.
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch watercress leaf
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives or 2 tablespoons green onion tops
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp,crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked shelled and deveined small shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned croutons
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- Coarsely chop salad greens and place in a large salad bowl; add watercress and chives and toss.
- Arrange tomatoes, bacon, avocado, eggs and shrimp in separate rows on top of lettuce.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and croutons.
- Serve dressing on the side.
Fabulous salad (good for you, too! :-) We just devoured this, with no guilt, because it is so healthy! It tasted a lot like a Cobb Salad, but was much healthier. The only changes that I made was to use only romiane lettuce, omit the croutons and hard boiled eggs (only because I forgot to make them ahead of time), and I used one full green onion, along with the 2 tbs of chives. Yummy! Since I ommitted the croutons and used a low carb-friendly vinegrette, it was a lovely, healthy, low carb meal! Definitely a keeper!