Recipe by Momma Dukes
This casserole is great to take to potlucks because the dish always comes back empty. You can vary the ingredients in many ways. My favorite is elbow macaroni, tuna, wine, cheddar, dill AND mustard and buttered breadcrumbs. The wine especially gives it a nice zip.
- 1 cup dry pasta
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup frozen peas (optional) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetables (optional)
- 6 -8 ounces seafood (canned)
- 1 cup buttered breadcrumbs or 1 cup crushed potato chips or 1 cup french fried onions, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles, set aside.
- Combine mayonaise and milk or wine.
- Stir in soup, cheese and seasonings.
- Gently stir in cooked pasta, peas and seafood.
- Pour into casserole dish,
- Cover and bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with crunchy topping.
- Bake 5 minutes more.