I'm not a big fan of seafood, nor is my husband, but wow! This casserole left a big impression; it even smelled great before I put it in the oven. My 5-year-old son had seconds, and he never does that! Hope you like it as much as we do.
- 1 lb seafood, your choice (I used a medley)
- 2 cups cheddar broccoli flavored rice, prepared (5.7 oz. pkg.)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- breadcrumbs or crushed cracker
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 oranges (optional) or 1⁄2 yellow pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine seafood, onion, broccoli, celery, orange/yellow pepper, and carrots.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, milk or half and half, cream of celery soup, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Combine mayonnaise mixture with seafood/vegetable combination.
- Add rice and stir.
- Spread contents into greased 9x13 dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese, then breadcrumbs or crushed crackers.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes.
What a wonderful casserole! We loved it. I added 1 chopped Jalpeno pepper and used 1 1/2 lbs of mixed seafood (1/2 crab, 1/2 prawns & 1/2 scallops). Everyone enjoyed it- I put pankp crumbs on top and aged cheddar cheese. Thanks for posting
It was bland; not bad, but not good either.