Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from casserole crazy. I usually double because we love extras.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cooked and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, trimmed and sauteed in 1 tablespoon till tender, and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- In a medium size heavy sauce pan, melt butter over moderate heat, add flour, and whisk till well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk and evaporated milk, whisking constantly till thick and bubbly.
- Add the paprika and the black pepper, season with salt and whisk till well blended.
- Remove from heat, and add the sherry, Worcestershire, and cayenne, and stir well. Fold in seafood and mushrooms, mixing gently but well. Add the parsley,stir, and heat over low heat.
- Transfer to buttered casserole, sprinkle with cheese, and bake till golden, about 20 minutes.