Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from The Best Of Marjorie Standish, Seafood Down East Recipes. I just guessed on the can sizes for the minced clams and frozen shrimp soup because I had to put in a size for the recipe to be accepted. The can for the minced canned clams is about the size of a 5 ounce can of tuna and the soup is about the size of frozen juice concentrate.
- 1⁄4 lb margarine, melted
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1 cup bay scallop
- 1 lb haddock or 1 lb other fish
- 1 (5 ounce) can minced clams, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) canfrozen shrimp soup, thawed
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- Par boil the scallops for 3-5 minutes in water, drain and set aside.
- Par boil the haddock in water about 5 minutes, drain reserving 2/3 cup of cooking liquid. Flake haddock into large pieces and set aside.
- Mix melted margarine with crushed Ritz Crackers and set aside.
- Combine cooked scallops, haddock, clams and onion.
- Using one half of the crumb mixture, combine with the fish. Season lightly with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Combine thawed soup and haddock juice, mix with fish and taste for seasoning.
- Put in a 2 quart casserole. Casserole can be put in the refrigerator at this time and baked later.
- Before baking, cover top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.