Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is like making crab cakes but using shrimp and scallops.
- 1 cup best food mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 lbs white shrimp, clean, shell and minced
- 1 lb scallops, minced
- 2 cups napa cabbage, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon flavored sesame oil
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Blend mayonnaise and ginger in food processor until smooth. Transfer ginger aioli to small bowl and refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl combine the entire ingredient and blend together. Adjust seasoning to taste. Place into refrigerate for 1 hour. With some of the mixture form into 3” round cakes and place onto cookies sheet and back into refrigerate for another hour.
- In a skillet lightly coat with oil over a medium heat. Place in seafood cakes and brown both sides. Service with ginger Aioli.