Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe has been in the family so long, I don't know where it originated. Adults and kids both love um. Can subsitute lobster, crab, or salmon for the tuna. Can also substitute sharp processed cheese for the cheddar cheese. Prep time is estimated
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet gherkin
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced pimentos
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- 12 hamburger buns
- Drain seafood, cut cheese into small chunks.
- Combine both with rest of ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Fill each bun, wrap individually in foil.
- Bake 25 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Serve immediately.