A rich and creamy dish using imitation crab and flounder--but you can sub in any flat mild fish. Kind of like Newburg and baked fish all in one dish. Measurements are approximate, since this was thrown together in a hurry. Salt and pepper, along with other spices or fresh onion would be good with it, but it is nice as it is, too. Comforting and filling, and my toddler even ate some!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs flounder fillets
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation butter flavor extract
- 1Saute the imitation crab in the butter flavoring, 1 tb butter (or olive oil) over medium-high heat until lightly browned and fragrant.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a saucepan, melt the 3 tb of butter.
- 4Whisk in the flour, to form a paste.
- 5Quickly whisk in the milk, mixing thoroughly.
- 6Add the onion and dill.
- 7Stir occasionally, letting the sauce get to a low boil until sauce thickens.
- 8When sauce is thick, remove from heat, and stir in the sauteed imitation crab.
- 9Rinse fish fillets, and pat dry (important).
- 10Spray bottom of an 11x7 baking dish with cooking spray (butter flavored is best).
- 11Layer fish evenly along bottom of dish.
- 12Pour the crab and sauce mixture over the fish.
- 13Sprinkle the bread crumbs and parmesan over all.
- 14Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until fish is done (use a fork to get to the fish to test, if necessary).
- 15If desired, broil for 1 minute to form a crust.
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Boberg
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 152.9 mg
- Sodium 1219.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 51.8 g