Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Delicious and heart-warming especially if you are a seafood lover like I am.
Top Review by Megsamillion
Love this recipe! It's so simple and delicious. I crave it often. Thank you so much for sharing! I use extra hot sauce, and sometimes vary the amount of shrimp depending on what I have on hand, but other than that I don't change anything. Thanks again!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, with tops
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lump crabmeat, drained,flaked,and picked over
- 3⁄4 cup shrimp, peeled,deveined,and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute the green onions in melted butter until the onions are tender.
- Add in the flour; stir until smooth.
- Cook for 1 minutes stirring constantly.
- Gradually add in the milk; cook and stir constantly over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly (pull up a chair).
- Stir in hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in crabmeat and shrimp; cook and stir over low heat until shrimp turn pink.
- Add in parsley and stir to combine.