Recipe by DoctorT
Savory fish/seafood stew for cold winter nights
Top Review by Chef-Betsy
This was really good! I didn't use 1/3 cup of olive oil, however. that seemed like a bit much just to saute some onion and garlic in. I just used enough to cover the bottom of the pot substantially. That way, you can always add more if you need to. Secondly, I thought it seemed a bit thick so at the very end I added 1/4 cup water and that helped the consistency. A very rich & flavorful bisque that also comes together quickly.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ground oregano
- ground basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 lb white fish fillet, in chunks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup scallops
- 1⁄3 cup clam
- 6 medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent (1-2 minutes).
- Add seasonings and tomato paste, blend thoroughly. Turn heat to low.
- Slowly, add wine. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cooked through, add fish (if you use scallop, add it first, then fish and finally shrimp).
- Once the shrimp is done (1-2 minutes, you can tell by looking at it, it becomes dull white), add heavy cream slowly, turn heat off, add chopped parsley and mix thoroughly.