Recipe by Bergy
This is a light slightly sweet sour flavored bisque. Just right to start off a dinner party. As a first course serve small bowls. serves 6-8 as starter and 4 if main course
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 4 red sweet peppers, seeded,ribs removed & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled & grated
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels or 1⁄2 cup canned corn kernels or 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup scallops (cut in half if large)
- 1⁄4 cup imitation crabmeat, shredded (or real)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 4 quart saucepan (medium heat) and add peppers, onion, apple& carrot.
- Stir fry for about 7 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add chicken stock& bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer patially covered for 25 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender and return to the saucepan.
- Stir in the corn, hot pepper flakes, tarragon vinegar, cilantro salt& pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, simmer uncovered for 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp, scallops& crab remove from heat cover and let sit for 5 minutes Serve Note: You may make the soup in advance up to adding the seafood.
- Bring slowly to a boil add seafood cover and let sit for 5 minutes& serve.