Recipe by Hey Jude
Another great Madame Wong recipe....this one is so quick and easy! This is an 'after-work' meal for us, I make the soup while some potstickers are browning...YUM! Vary the seafood if you like, sometimes I just use all shrimp. Prep and cook times approximate.
- 5 cups chicken stock (homemade or a good canned stock)
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp, shelled,deveined,cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup scallops, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup crabmeat
- 8 ounces firm bean curd, in small cubes (tofu)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 slice ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 5 tablespoons water
- red wine vinegar (optional)
- chili oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring stock to a boil; add shrimp, scallops, crab meat and bean curd.
- Add green onion, ginger and salt; bring to boil again and then thicken with the dissolved cornstarch mixture.
- If you wish, add a splash of red wine vinegar or chili oil.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve.