Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love seafood very very much. I dont get to cook seafood as often as I'd like but this one is a very good one. I hope you enjoy this
- 2 cups water, lightly salted
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chives or 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Bring water, wine and dill to a boil.
- Add scallops; simmer 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove from heat.
- Put seafood in a shallow 1 1/2 Quart baking dish. Set aside; reserve liquid.
- Heat 1/4 C butter in skillet; saute mushrooms with chives or green onions.
- Stir in flour continue cooking 1 minute until bubbly.
- Stir in cream and 1 Cup of the reserved fish stock.
- Cook slowly until thick. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour sauce over seafood.
- Mix cracker crumbs and the 3 T melted butter.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs over the seafood.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
My family are not big on mushrooms so we made this into a pasta dish instead. Guess a lot of the flavor comes from the mushrooms though as ours was not as flavorful as expected. I guess I'd just add some additional chives and perhaps some garlic and onion next time. We sprinkled with parmesan cheese too. . .Enjoyed the dish, just need to tweak it a bit!
This was absolutely delicious! Wonderfully rich and creamy. I made it exactly as written using green onions. I just sprinkled a bit of parsley on the top. DH and I raved over it for quite awhile after we were done eating. Thanks for this keeper of a recipe. We'll be eating this often!