Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb white crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Saute onions and celery in butter; blend flour in well.
- Add milk and stirring constantly, add egg yolks, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend in shrimp and crabmeat.
- Place in a casserole dish; add wine and sliced water chestnuts and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.