1/2 Photos of Seafood au Gratin
This is a wonderful brunch dish! or special with a crisp green salad and more sourdough bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh large shrimp or 1 1/4 lbs frozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh small scallops or 1 1/4 lbs frozen small scallops
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded canadian old cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups coarsely torn sourdough bread or 2 cups baguette
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large non stick saucepan over medium high heat.
- 2Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- 3Add shrimp, scallops, wine and thyme to the pan.
- 4Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or unti seafood is cooked.
- 5Drain, reserving 1 cup broth.
- 6Set seafood mixture aside.
- 7Melt 2 tablespoon more butter in the same pan.
- 8Remove from heat and blend in flour; gradually stir in reserved broth and milk.
- 9Cook and stir over medium high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- 10Remove from heat, add 1 cup of Canadian old cheddar and stir until melted.
- 11Fold in cooked seafood mixture.
- 12Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Pour into oven proof casserole, sprinkle sourdough over top and sprinkle with remaining Canadian old cheddar.
- 14Set under broiler in oven about 6 inches from heat, broil until sourdough is browned and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.3
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 230.9 mg
- Sodium 546.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 44.8 g