Prep 30 mins
Cook 240 hrs
This has always been my favorite salad. It's kind of like eating seafood cocktail, but better with the creaminess of mayonnaise. I usually use canned seafood for this, well drained, but it's great with fresh if you have it. Great in the summer. Try it! Passive cook time is chill time.
- 1 (1/16 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups tomato juice, heated till hot
- 0.333 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup crabmeat (may used canned)
- 1 cup baby shrimp (may use canned)
- 1 cup mayonnaise, for frosting (to your taste)
- Dissolve lemon jello in hot tomato juice.
- Dissolve 1/3 package unflavored gelatin in 1 tablespoon cold water.
- Mix gelatin, vinegar, lemon juice, horseradish and worcestershire with the tomato juice mixture and let stand until it begins to thicken. (Just let it cool down.).
- Add celery, scallions, green bell pepper, crab and shrimp.
- Pour into 9X13 glass dish.
- Chill until set, overnight is best.
- Before serving, "frost" with mayonnaise, or serve the mayo alongside.