Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This seafood-pasta salad recipe adapted from Del Monte Canned Asparagus had been up-powered to the KAZANGO! -level thru use of Chinese chili-garlic-puree instead of seafood cocktail sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce (or 1 full tsp chinese chili-puree w/garlic and 3 tb ketchup)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces shrimp or 12 ounces surimi
- 1 (12 ounce) candel monte asparagus (however I prefer a full pound of properly cooked fresh asparagus)
- 1 cup uncooked pasta shells or 1 cup pasta elbows (I use Bow-Tie)
- Measure pasta, cook, drain, cool.
- Combine mayo, onions, seafood sauce, worcestershire sauce.
- Fold into seafood and asparagus.
- This is a zesty salad depending on how you mix the seafood cocktail sauce.
- Making your own seafood sauce with chinese chili-garlic puree will produce a potent dressing that will overpower the asparagus unless test-tasting is done and needed menu adjustments are made with added ketchup and mayo.
- Smokers prefer the chinese chili-garlic-puree while the more sensitive palate of the non-smoker might find the original coctail sauce based recipe is fine-- Several"victims" here have suggested adding horseradish sauce to the coctail sauce YMMV.