1 hr 35 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb whole wheat penne, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, thawed and drained well
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation lobster meat, thawed and drained well
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained but not squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Melt butter over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth.
- 2Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbling.
- 3Whisk in milk and broth; increase heat to medium and heat, stirring frequently, until bubbling. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, one minute.
- 4Stir in onion, garlic, cheese and basil; cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until cheese is melted.
- 5Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch glass pan.
- 6Layer half of the penne, all of the cottage cheese, and half of the crab and lobster over the sauce.
- 7Pour another 1/3 of cheese mixture over seafood.
- 8Layer remaining half of the penne, the spinach (should still be wet), and the remaining seafood; then top with remaining sauce.
- 9Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan.
- 10Bake at 350F for 45 minutes; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood and Spinach Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.8
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 116.9 mg
- Sodium 989.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
imitation lobster meat