Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another one from Jane Brody's Good Food Gourmet. Quick and easy recipe for both family and company. Time will not include the time to cook the pasta.
- 12 ounces spinach noodles
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, drained with 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb small cooked shrimp
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (not marinated)
- Cook noodles to al dente according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a heated serving bowl.
- While the noodles cook, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour, lemon zest and pepper until the ingredients form a smooth paste.
- Gradually whisk in the reserved clam juice, milk and wine and cook the mixture, stirring constantly over medium heat until it comes to a boil and starts to thicken.
- Add the clams, shrimp and artichoke hearts and stir the sauce over low heat until heated through.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and serve immediately.