Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Another one from Jane Brody's Good Food Gourmet. Quick and easy recipe for both family and company. Time will not include the time to cook the pasta.
- 12 ounces spinach noodles
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, drained with 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb small cooked shrimp
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (not marinated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles to al dente according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a heated serving bowl.
- While the noodles cook, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour, lemon zest and pepper until the ingredients form a smooth paste.
- Gradually whisk in the reserved clam juice, milk and wine and cook the mixture, stirring constantly over medium heat until it comes to a boil and starts to thicken.
- Add the clams, shrimp and artichoke hearts and stir the sauce over low heat until heated through.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and serve immediately.