Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful seafood dish, I guess you could call it a casserole recipe. It tastes wonderful and everyone I have made this for just loves it . It is not the quickest recipe I have posted lately as it has a few different stages and then the final oven cooking time, but it is by no means time intensive and the end result is yummo. I used prawns, white fish fillets and scallops but I am sure you could play around with the ingredients on this one. I mixed up the prawns in that I used some salad prawns and some medium sized prawns, this was just to save a little on cost, instead of buying all medium (more expensive), so feel free to do what you want.
- olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fish stock granules
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 100 g salad prawns
- 100 g medium prawns
- 650 g white fish fillets, chopped into cubes
- 150 g scallops, quartered
- 40 g butter
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs, flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons gruyere, extra
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan, add onion and garlic, cook until onion softens, add wine, stir until hot.
- Mix some water with the cornflour, add some of the cornflour to the onion, garlic mix, just enough to thicken slightly, add milk, fish stock, cheese and dill, cook stirring until cheese melts, add remaining cornflour mix and stir until mixture thickens. (don't worry if it seems real thick as you still have to add the cream).
- Add fish, prawns, scallops and spinach, cook stirring gently until spinach wilts about 3 minutes, add cream stir to combine.Remove from heat.
- In a fry pan melt butter, add panko flakes and parsley, stir to combine.
- Pour fish mixture into an oven proof dish, top with panko mix and sprinkle extra cheese over the top. Bake in a moderate oven (180c) for about 20 Min's or until golden brown.
- To Serve: Place in serving bowls and garnish with dill if desired.