Little Suzy Homemaker's Note:
This is from Emeril Lagasse. We saw him make this on his show and just had to have it! I included the Essence recipe he gave with the recipe so you don't have to hunt it down or go buy Essence at the store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
For the Pasta dish
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces hot sausage, removed from its casing and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 lbs small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1To make the Essence: Place all the ingredients, salt through paprika, in a bowl and stir well to combine thoroughly. Store in and airtight container and use as needed. (about 2/3 cup).
- 2To make the Pasta Dish: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes for dry pasta. Drain in a colander. Return to pot and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cover and keep warm while finishing the recipe.
- 3While the pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan, cook the sausage over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour off the fat from the pan.
- 4Heat the oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and shallots and cook, stirring, until just soft, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic, green onions, and 1 tablespoon of the Essence, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Deglaze with white wine and cook until almost completely reduced.
- 6Add the shrimp and sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons for the Essence.
- 7Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are just pink, about 1 minute.
- 8Add the lemon juice and cream and bring to a boil.
- 9Cook stirring until starting to thicken, about 1 minute.
- 10Add the cooked pasta, cheese and parsley, and toss to combine. Cook until the pasta is heated through and well coated, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and adjust seasonings to taste.
- 11Divide among 4 pasta bowls, garnish with additional green onions, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood and Sausage Pasta With Essence Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1123.4
- Calories from Fat 563
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 388.9 mg
- Sodium 5060.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 52.8 g