Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I haven't made this one yet, I thought I'd save it here for future reference.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 115 g smoked bacon, rind removed, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 150 ml tomato sauce
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups fish stock
- 175 g cod, skinned, boned and cubed
- 115 g cooked peeled prawns
- salt and pepper
- 2 spring onions, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the bacon until crisp.
- Add the onion and celery and stir until beginning to stick to the pan.
- Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, herbs, tomatoes and seasoning and mix well.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, rice and stock and bring to a boil.
- Gently stir in the fish and transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the rice is just tender.
- Stir in the prawns and heat through.
- Serve sprinkled with the spring onions.