1 hr 15 mins
Rich dinner that is somewhat less fattening than you'd think. I sometimes make as a lasagna or as stuffed shells, both of which work great. Adding chopped spinach or broccoli works well, too. Garlic bread and a green salad round out a classic meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces manicotti
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 1 cup small shrimp, tails off, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, room temperature
- 1 cup dry white wine, room temperature
- 1 cup chicken broth, room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cook manicotti in boiling water for seven minutes and drain.
- 3Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, egg, shrimp, crab meat, mozzarella, parsley and nutmeg and chill until needed.
- 4Melt butter in large saucepan.
- 5Add flour and stir constantly and cook 2-3 minutes to make roux.
- 6Add onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes more.
- 7Slowly add wine, broth and milk, whisking constantly to avoid clumps.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue whisking until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- 9Stir in basil and Parmesan cheese.
- 10Pour 1 cup of sauce into bottom of large baking dish.
- 11Stuff manicotti shells with seafood mixture and place in dish. Any extra filling can just be scattered over shells.
- 12Pour sauce over shells making sure they are completely covered.
- 13Top with Romano cheese and bake 35-45 minutes, until brown and bubbly.
- 14Let rest 10 minutes or so and serve.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood and Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 504.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low fat mozzarella
low-fat parmesan cheese