Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
We used to get a pinkish mayo, supposedly for fish, but I never liked it. I found a better alternative -- and super quick too -- in a magazine column. I'm saving it here because I'll make it for sure!
- 1 cup mayonnaise, tangy (250 ml tangy mayo, Woolworths in SA has an excellent one)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup (60 ml tomato ketchup like All Gold which is made from real tomatoes)
- 1 -2 anchovy fillet, chopped up and mashed
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped (or use mild onion)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or use more, to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Mix all the ingredients well. Put into a sterilized bottle and keep in the fridge. It will last for ages, just like ordinary mayo.
- Do taste, as you might want to add more lemon juice or cream. Finely chopped parsley could be added when serving the sauce.