Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
The recipe is from an old photocopy given to me by my MIL in the 80's, she has written that she made it in April 1982 and thought it very nice.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 imitation crab sticks (or seafood sticks)
- 4 spring roll wrappers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon water
- oil (for deep frying)
- Slice each breast horizontally to give you 2 thin slices from each and then brush each slice with soy sauce and place one thawed crab or seafood stick on each slice of chicken and roll firmly.
- Place roll diagonally across spring roll wrapper and fold in ends and roll up securely and then seal end with combined cornflour and water.
- Deep fry rolls in hot oil until golden and cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes (this will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts - the thinner the quicker) and then drain on absorbent paper, you may need to do these in batches depending on the size of your deep fryer.
- Cut into diagonal slices to serve with a dipping sauce of choice or present on a platter with dipping sauce as as appetizer.
This was a nice and simple recipe, and was it ever GOOD. Made for a simple dinner. Thought about adding onions to this, but didn't. Tasted very nice as is, and we enjhoyed. Made for Holiday Tag.