Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Shrimp, scallops and artichoke hearts in a rich, buttery mushroom sauce. Easy and absolutely delicious. It appeals to all of your senses! You have to indulge every once in a while!
- 2 lbs fresh peeled deveined shrimp
- 1 lb fresh sea scallop
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced paper thin
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 6 ounces grated Italian cheese blend
- Melt butter with olive oil in a deep skillet.
- Add garlic, shallots and mushrooms.
- Cook on med high for several minutes, until the mushrooms get darker.
- Add both broths, crushed red pepper and wine.
- Let boil for several minutes until reduced by at least 1/4.
- Add artichoke hearts and juice.
- Return heat to high, add shrimp and scallops.
- Lower heat and cover.
- When shrimp turns opaque, it is ready!
- Add the parsley and zest.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle individual dishes with cheese.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
Easy and exquisite! Wouldn't change a thing, except have another portion!