Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy and delicious! This is very quick to make since the shrimp and crab is already cooked. Bay scallops are so small that they cook in two minutes. You can make this with just shrimp or with any combination of the seafood mentioned in the recipe. I sometimes add about 1/4 cup dry white wine before adding the milk and half and half. I let it cook for about 2-3 minutes and then proceed. This dish can be served over pasta and also over rice.
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, small
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat, cut up into small chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces half-and-half
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in heavy or non-stick pan.
- Add flour and stir for about 2 minutes. Add all spices. Don't let it color.
- Whisk in half and half and milk. Heat over a low-medium flame until it is thickened and very hot. Don't let it boil. This step usually takes 10 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese, stir and take off flame.
- Immediately add raw scallops and stir. Let stand 2 minutes. It cooks that fast.
- Stir in cooked shrimp and crab. Taste for seasoning. Serve.
Overall I would say it was amazing... Best Alfredo Sauce I've ever had... gonna be making this alot more now
This is simple and tasty sauce. I thought the thickness was just right and wouldn't have wanted it any thicker. I did add a little extra cheese for more flavor, and this is a sauce you want to use a nice flavorful aged parmesan, not the stuff in a can. I had to leave out the seafood, I had planned on shrimp, but found it had freezer burn, but it was fine as is and I served it over penne noodles. I left out the nutmeg because I don't like it in savory dishes, the onion powder was a nice addition, and I would recommend using fresh garlic. Thanks Pesto Lover for sharing ! Made for PAC Spring 2010
Hi, this would be a great recipe, but it didn't thicken. I would suggest at least double the amount of butter and flour and cut down on the milk. Thanks.