Recipe by Pesto lover
Creamy and delicious! This is very quick to make since the shrimp and crab is already cooked. Bay scallops are so small that they cook in two minutes. You can make this with just shrimp or with any combination of the seafood mentioned in the recipe. I sometimes add about 1/4 cup dry white wine before adding the milk and half and half. I let it cook for about 2-3 minutes and then proceed. This dish can be served over pasta and also over rice.
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, small
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat, cut up into small chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces half-and-half
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy or non-stick pan.
- Add flour and stir for about 2 minutes. Add all spices. Don't let it color.
- Whisk in half and half and milk. Heat over a low-medium flame until it is thickened and very hot. Don't let it boil. This step usually takes 10 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese, stir and take off flame.
- Immediately add raw scallops and stir. Let stand 2 minutes. It cooks that fast.
- Stir in cooked shrimp and crab. Taste for seasoning. Serve.