Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a wonderful Italian recipe that I developed. You'll love this sauce.
- 8 mussels (steamed & on 1/2 shell)
- 8 large sea scallops
- 16 medium shrimp or 16 large shrimp (peeled/tails off)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 scallions (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded six-blend cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup instant rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet on medium heat melt the butter & add the garlic, scallions, basil, dry mustard, pepper, & salt constantly stirring.
- Then add the flour & stir until smooth with no lumps.
- Then add the lemon juice, shredded cheese, milk & cream, mixing thoroughly.
- Place the mussels into the skillet (open side up)& fill each shell with the sauce.
- Then add the scallops & shrimp.
- Cover & simmer until scallops are done& the shrimp are pink.
- You may serve over a bed of rice if desired… This sauce can also be used over chicken breasts as CHICKEN ALFREDO.