Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe I got from a neighbour, many years ago when I lived in southern Saskatchewan.
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup shortening or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream tog shortening, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar; then add beaten egg yolks, milk, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Spread evenly into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Spread with chocolate chips.
- Beat the egg whites, then add 1 cup brown sugar and walnuts.
- Spread on top of the mixture in the baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes in a 350 degF oven.
Very tasty and easy to make. My husband and boys loved it.
I made this for dessert for company tonight . Everyone loved it . Wasnt too hard to make . I didnt have any milk(actually I did , but it was sour) so I used water .