Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This yummy dessert/salad has been in the family for ages. Works just as well with sugar free jello and light products. I usually double this recipe, and serve it as a nice light dessert or side salad whenever the weather warms. Great for potlucks! Enjoy! Note: Cook time is chill time.
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) container Cool Whip, defrosted
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime gelatin (dry)
- 10 ounces canned pineapple tidbits, well-drained (or crushed)
- Fold cottage cheese and cool whip together.
- Add dry jello and mix well.
- Add well-drained pineapple and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes or overnight.
- Garnish with pineapple tidbits.
This is delicious! My mom runs a stand at our local farmers market, and this is one of the deli salad items sold; it's my favorite dessert salad (they call it "Fluff"). She also uses orange jello/mandarin oranges, cherry jello/pieces of jarred, drained, chopped cherries. The texture of the cottage cheese will go un-noticed as it's very well masked by the Cool Whip; very creamy and fluffy.
I made this as directed and it turned out great. My mom has been making a similar salad for years which my DD refers to as "green stuff". Not sure what mom's recipe is but this is darn close - if not better. Thanks for sharing.
The family really loved this - I would suggest this change. Blend the dry jello with the cottage cheese first, THEN add other ingredients. Addition May 2009 - I added 2 cups of mini-marshmallows and I think I like it even more!