Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A must for summertime. I make this almost every weekend my family likes it so much.
Make and share this Seafoam Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pear halves in natural juice, reserve juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- In a saucepan, heat 1 cup reserved pear juice to boiling.
- In a small bowl add lime jello; pour pear juice over jello; stir until dissolved; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with milk until smooth; blend in jello mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator until partially thickened, about 20-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash pears until smooth.
- Fold pears and Cool Whip into jello mixture.
- Pour into a mold.
- Chill until set, about 2-3 hours.
- Dip mold in warm water for approx 5 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter.
Took this to a potluck at work. Not only did it look beautiful, the taste was divine. Many of my co-workers requested the recipe. This one is definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing this one.
Loved this salad and so did my family. It had a smooth, creamy taste and texture. The pears add a sweetness that was sooooo yummy. Nice green color, too. Thanks for a luscious summer salad.
This is not just a summer salad! I made it for Thanksgiving. I did not mash the pears completely, but rather left some of them in small chunks. I also added cinnamon to give it a spicier flavor. Very good!