Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A beige, delicately flavored, smooth and creamy candy.
Make and share this Seafoam Candy recipe from Food.com.
- Combine light brown and white sugars, water, corn syrup, and salt in a heavy 2 quart saucepan.
- Cook covered until mixture boils rapidly.
- Remove lid, place candy thermometer in pan, and cook without stirring to 260°F (127°C).
- Remove from heat.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Pour hot syrup in thin stream over egg whites, beating constantly with electric mixer on high speed.
- Add vanilla and pecan flavoring.
- Continue beating until soft peaks form and candy starts to lose its gloss.
- Stir in pecans and drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- When candy has set, store in airtight container.