Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very old recipe that I originally got off of the side of a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese more than 25 years ago. I make this when I tire of plain tuna macaroni and want all the "junk" back in it! LOL! When you get bored, too, this is a nice change of pace! Very easy to make. (*Since Kraft has changed their formula so much over the years, I now use Velveeta Shells and Cheese, or make homemade macaroni and cheese using the velveeta recipe.) So whatever you prefer is what you should use. HTH! :)
- 1 (12 ounce) boxvelveeta macaroni shells and cheese, regular or deluxe kind or homemade if preferred
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can peas, drained or size that is close
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup Miracle Whip, mayo if preferred
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- Make shells and cheese according to package directions, or make your own (same amount.).
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing lightly. Chill.
- Add additional Miracle Whip (or mayo) before serving if needed.
So happy to find this recipe - I lost my copy years ago. It was a favorite when my children were growing up. It does make a nice 'change of pace'!
Bless you! I love this recipe and have made it many times over the years until I lost it. Now I have it again and I'm going to make it as soon as I get to the grocery store.