Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you can find out fresh sea urchin, this is the way we enjoy it in Sicily to fully exalt its natural taste on pasta. Lidia auntie taught me..of course enjoy with cool sparkling white wine ;) If you are on holiday in Sicily just ask local tourist's info desk where you can purchase fresh urchins
- 10 sea urchin roe (roe of 10 sea urchins)
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 tablespoons of the finest extra virgin olive oil
- 180 g linguine (or spaghetti as 2nd choice)
- peel one big clove of garlic, slice thinly and put it in a plate with the olive oil (wait 30 minutes at least).
- Boil the linguine in salted water, and then dress the cooked pasta with the olive oil (throw away the garlic slices) and add the fresh urchins'roe.
- Mix well and enjoy at once.
- Buon appetito!