Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the perfect picnic dish - no mayo!! Very easy to prepare and a nice change from the usual covered dish take along. I've been making this for 20 years (and I'm still young)!
- 1 (1 lb) boxof medium sea shell macaroni or 1 (1 lb) boxlarge sea shell macaroni
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 medium chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT macaroni in a 3 quart glass covered dish.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight to blend flavors.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Add to liquid mixture stirring well and refrigerate at least 2-3 hours before serving.