Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This recipe was designed with children in mind, for parties, potlucks and picnics. You can add other veggies to the salad that your child/ren enjoys. This is a great side dish for a themed “Under the Sea” or pool party. Pasta shells, crunch veggies and cheese cut into star or fish shapes create a side dish loved by backyard sailors.
Top Review by Sage
I made this salad for lunch and I had to taste and take my pic.I hope you don't mind but I added some chooped onions, green pepper and finely chopped dill.It really is a creamy yummy pasta salad.I made this for Photo Tag. Thanks so much for posting, Rita
- 6 ounces medium pasta shells (2 cups) or 6 ounces wagon wheel macaroni (2 cups)
- 2 small carrots, thinly bias-sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and shredded
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, cut in very small triangles
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 ounces mild cheddar cheese or 4 ounces American cheese or 4 ounces child's favorite cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Combine pasta, carrots, cucumber and pepper.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Chill for 1 to 4 hours.
- Use a small star or fish shaped cutter to cut cheese slices into small stars (or cube).
- Toss in salad before serving.